Friday 5 August 2011

Toddler

I introduced my friend's toddler to Daughter today, which was a very surreal experience. The little boy who had previously seemed so small now appeared enormous.

He was fascinated by the baby, and kept trying to teach her about the animals on his picture cards - which I thought was adorable. It's funny to think though, that teaching must be such an intrinsic part of human nature that even the smallest amongst us want to pass on knowledge. It is a fine thing.

In other news, I found a formula that Daughter will take. As I think I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a variety of ready-made formula cartons and so far, Aptamil seems to be the one she likes best. It has also had the least effect on her poo, which is far more than I can say for the Hipp Organic stuff... that resulted in a fudge-like explosion of stinkyness.

I've resolved to keep up breast feeding until she starts solids, just replacing the evening munch-fest with a bottle at the moment. Then as she gets more and more into real food, I'll do fewer and fewer feeds, eventually replacing what she does have from me with the Aptamil. Let's see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment