Thursday 12 July 2012

Touch and Feel, 'I'd like to be a Princess' - Igloo books


It probably comes as little surprise that I am not a 'Princess' sort of a girl. And I have to admit that when Daughter was given a copy of I'd like to be a Princess, I did turn my nose up a little on account of the sheer... pinkness of the thing.

But actually, just because I'm not a fan of all things fluffy and girlie, that doesn't mean that this isn't a great book. The texture of the things included for little people to feel is quite different from the standard stories in this genre and Daughter particularly likes the lace of the wedding scene. The illustrations are lovely, and the fact that there is something going on all over every page really helps keep little people amused. I've learned that primarily white pages are not to her taste and won't hold her interest for longer than it takes to find a cat, dog, or other animal, making this absolutely perfect. It joins I'm me and Norman in the category 'books which can be read to Daughter in a single sitting'. So, score on that front.

The construction is sturdy and small fingers find it easy to turn the pages and discover  the various textured inserts. Daughter has had this available to her for nearly a month now and hasn't managed to 'improve' it as he has with my classic copies of Spot and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.


No comments:

Post a Comment