Monday 13 August 2012

Inspired

So I hear it's the summer holidays. Having a little one below school-age has left me largely unaware of this, however I've been hearing that people are looking for cheap ways to entertain their children and thought I would share my main source of inspiration. Largely aimed at a younger audience, this blog has lots of excellent ideas which can be adapted for older kids.

The blog Inspire Imagination Through Creation has been a constant source of ideas when trying to figure out things to do with Daughter on rainy days.If any publishers are reading, you should get in touch with this very clever mummy so she can get a book out!

I've tried a few things from here, the latest being the cardboard postbox. This was so much fun to do, and Daughter and I have had hours of enjoyment posting all manner of things through the slot.

With Daughter not having the same attention span as the original blogger's Little Boo, I decided not to go all out, making post cards and so on. We just did a very simple box with a slot and a door. It's also been ideal for tidying up quickly in the evenings!

I thought I would share a few pictures of our latest endeavour!





As you can see, when the paintbrush appeared, nothing was safe! Four days and three rains later, my patio is still red. Which is fine, really. It matches the chalk.



2 comments:

  1. How nice of you to call me a clever Mommy. Wonderful to see some of our ideas are coming in useful and the book idea you have got me thinking now never even thought about writing a book :) sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put a book out on Kindle - it's a fictional thing - but you could easily do one with some of your activities in. :)

      Delete