Sunday 14 August 2011

About

So as you may have gathered already, I'm the hippie type.

I believe in attachment parenting, breast feeding and co-sleeping. Not all of those things - as I've discovered and discussed - are entirely practical, but the attachment parenting thing is. Which is why we don't own a pram or a buggy. Either I carry Daughter in a sling, or Husband tosses her over his shoulder in a fireman's lift. In any case, it's all about the cuddles. We've found that Daughter is brighter and happier the longer she's with us, so that's what we do.

But apparently, there's a whole host of wacky peeps out there who believe the same thing. I got to speaking to another Mum as I was handing over my clubcard in Tesco today and she was telling me about a meeting where sling-lovin' parents go to be smug about slings together. Well, she didn't quite use those words but...

I kind of want to attend - partially at an ironic distance and partially because I am a bit smug...



No comments:

Post a Comment