Tuesday 24 July 2012

Finger Food recipe - sweet potato falafel

Well, I thought it was about time I shared another recipe. These are currently Daughter's favourite finger food, freeze very well and are cheap and easy to make.

I took my inspiration from a BBC Good Food recipe, but changed some of the ingredients for those more readily available in an average store cupboard.
  • 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes , about 700g
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 garlic cloves , chopped
  • 2 tsp ground coriander
  • 100g plain or gram flour (I use gram, which I'd suggest for those avoiding gluten)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (omit if you're avoiding fat)
Bake the sweet potatoes and mash, then stir everything else in. Spoon onto a baking sheet and leave in a hot oven until the edges are crispy and brown.

I serve these for Daughter with peas and sweetcorn - she loves picking up every individual thing and putting it into her mouth.

For us, I serve them with a garlic sour cream dip (buy sour cream, chop garlic, combine) in homemade tortilla wraps with a side salad.

Super cheap, good for the whole family and quick to make. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment