Tuesday 18 October 2011

Some weaning food ideas

I'm not an expert. I don't know if these things are nutritionally sound. I do know that Daughter LOVES them and often cries if they run out before she's had enough. I also know that I haven't added anything untoward. So, in case you're interested, here are some ideas for weaning foods.


Avocado and Banana mush - both ingredients are raw and mashed. It is tasty to add tiny quantities of pure cocoa to this - not drinking chocolate as that has all kinds of sugars and salts in - but very messy. Prepare for anything it touches to stain.

Mashed sweet potato and parsnip - boil half a sweet potato and half a parsnip until soft. Add 1 spoon of formula and 1 fluid oz of cooking water then blend together for a creamy root veg mash.

Apple, pear and raisin - sweeten cooked apples with pear and raisin. Blend them all together into a mush. It's really good if baby's bowels aren't moving along as they should be.

Mango and strawberry - again, both fruits are raw and can be blended together easily.

Papaya and orange - use small quantities of orange juice to sweeten papaya fruit then blend.

Daughter also really likes trying to bite iceberg lettuce leaves. I think it's the fact that they're crunchy so make noise, and the cool feeling on her sore gums.

So yeah, as I said, no expert, but thought it might give you some new ideas. I'm really struggling to find interesting things for her to have so it's not just banana all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment